Friday, February 25, 2011

Teaching & the Finished Product

My friends and I have started a knitting & wine night. We've had it for about a month now every week. A new friend came last night to learn how to knit. So I have now officially taught 3 people to knit. Who is next? I'm getting better at it. (I must admit I rely heavily on showing videos from knittinghelp.com before starting in with needles and yarn.)

Here are some finished shots of the Autumn hat I knit in the interim of restarting my sweater. I finished it up really, really quickly (i.e. one night) and used the leftover yarn to make the Autumn Leftovers hat all in one night. Hopefully I'll get pictures of the tiny hat soon to share.

I changed the pattern a little bit this time: I knit front and back (kfb) once at the start of the first seed row. Then I kfb at the end of the next seed row. From there I followed the pattern having 47 stitches on my needles rather than 45. It made it a bit more slouchy as planned!

On Ravelry.

IMG_8991_1

IMG_8972_1

Surprisingly, green is not my favorite color and I don't mean to be having so much green show up here. No fear-- it will change.

0 comments:

Post a Comment