Wednesday, February 02, 2011

A Lifeline

This evening I found time to recover my sweater. I discovered while in D.C. that I had messed up back at the first row after the ribbing. Oops. I misunderstood Jane's pattern. Thanks to Google and Staci at verypink.com, I was able to easily jump back to that row using a lifeline. She has a video on how to do it here.

I used scrap yarn and a yarn needle to thread in a strand at the row I wanted to start back from by grabbing the "front leg" of each stitch in that row. Once it was thread all the way around, I ripped out the yarn into a big pile of spaghetti and wa-la it stops when I hit the lifelife! I put my needle back in through the lifeline and was off knitting again according to the pattern.

IMG_8815_1

IMG_8816_1 IMG_8839_1

Now I'm back to row 6 after the ribbing and eating away at the pile of spaghetti.

Oh and good news: I ordered the extra skein that I realized I needed to finish the sweater. Four, not three skeins. Again, a pattern reading mistake. Live and learn right?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Josie!

    I stumbled upon your blog this afternoon while on Ravelry. I'm working on the Oatmeal Pullover as well! I thought I got the correct gauge, but it seems like it may be too small. Hopefully blocking will help! It's my first sweater too.

    Good luck!

    -Erin

    P.S. Great photography skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Erin Aw thanks Erin! This evening I discovered that I missed an increase way back again and I can't figure out how to fix it without frogging it and starting over. Bummer right? That's how it goes with the first sweater attempt right? I'm hoping the blocking works for you! If not, it's time to gift it to someone smaller!! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete