Sunday, January 16, 2011

Weekend's Work

I finally cast-on for my first sweater over the weekend. Jane Richmond's Oatmeal Pullover. I'm so ecstatic about how fast it's knitting up. If it takes me a while to finish this sweater, it will only be because of a lack of knitting time rather than it being difficult!

After much trouble over getting the gauge correctly, I ended up casting on with 8 mm 32" circular Knit Picks needles and continuing with a 9 mm 32" circular of the same lovely brand (notice the signature purple cable and colorful wooden needle tips in the background). Using the magic loop method again. So much more economical than buying all those suggested needles. And by the way, I have no idea how Jane got 11 stitches over 4" with 6.5 mm needles using LB Wool-Ease Chunky!

Doesn't it look soft and comfy already?

IMG_8716_1

1 comment: