Monday, December 27, 2010

Jane's Oatmeal Pullover Troubles

I'm starting my very first sweater ever. I love this one called Oatmeal Pullover by Jane Richmond. I bought it through Ravelry when she had her 2 year Etsy anniversary sale and got a great deal.

However, I'm having a really hard time obtaining the gauge for this pattern. I am getting 14 st. over 4" using 6.5mm needles and Lion Brand Wool-Ease Chunky, which is what the label calls for. Jane's pattern wants 11 st. per 4" using the same yarn. Hmmmmmm... what to do. I tried going up to 8.0mm needles, knitting as loose as I could, and still only got 13 st. per 4".

Do I use LB's Wool-Ease Thick & Quick instead and get a different texture or size up a lot and make a much tighter knit sweater?

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad this wasn't only me! I just did the gauge swatch with 6.5mm and barely got 11 st in 3.5 inches. Also went up to 8.0mm and so far it's looking better. Your ravelry page and this site are really helping me! (It's my first major pattern!) Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete